Dunesi gets a dose of vitamin sea - a photo diary from the Balearics
The sun soaked archipelago of islands just off the Spanish mainland are dominated by four stunning sisters; Ibiza, Formentera, Majorca and Menorca. To say that we were excited to be visiting these beauties in the summer is a definite understatement.
Hanne, the Founder of Dunesi was our girl on the ground or water to be more specific, as she and her family explored the Balearics by a catamaran.
Chic as ever, decked out in the latest boho resortwear – Hanne shares some of her holiday snaps and insider tips with us.
The islands they covered were Ibiza and Formentera, here are the highlights:
1. Admiring the beautiful sunsets at Es Vedra. The mystical island of Es Vedra two miles off the coast of Ibiza is said to be the tip of the long lost city of Atlantis...
2. Beach days. The best beaches with the softest white sand and turquoise water can be found on Formentera.
3. Food and drink. The islands are full of wonderful "chiringuitos" i.e. beach restaurants where you can eat amazing fresh fish and seafood right on the sand. There are too many favourites to list but make sure to try Chez Gerdi in Formentera and Chiringuito Utopia in Ibiza.
4. I must also recommend Pirata Formentera for their delicious paellas and also for the fun party atmosphere. Usually the hits from the 80s and 90s get people singing and dancing on tables at lunch time!
4. Post-lunch siesta on the deck. One of the best parts of a sailing holiday.
5. Make sure to spend an evening in Dalt Vila, in the Old Town of Ibiza. The ambience in the cobblestoned alleyways full of people, boutiques and restaurants is brilliant. And for those in the mood for shopping: Dunesi is stocked in Divina Boutiques in Dalt Vila.
I can't wait to go back and explore more of the Balearics soon. Hasta pronto!